Students begin the course by developing knowledge of core business concepts and applying them to a range of business contexts to build an understanding of how businesses operate. A deeper understanding with a broader range of contexts and more complex business information is studied as the course progresses, requiring students to take a more strategic view of business opportunities and issues.
The aims of the qualification are for students to:
- Develop an enthusiasm for studying business
- Gain an holistic understanding of business in a range of contexts
- Develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants
- Understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
- Generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues
- Be aware of the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals
- Acquire a range of relevant business skills, including decision making, problem solving, the challenging of assumptions and critical analysis
- Apply numerical skills in a range of business contexts
Business complements the study of many other A Level subjects including Geography, Physical Education, Maths, Psychology and Philosophy.